Sunday, March 18, 2012

Looking For Solutions: Coffee!

New York Times Science Article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/21/science/sewages-toxic-smell-smothered-by-coffee.html

Quote from article:

"Writing in The Journal of Hazardous Materials, researchers at the City University of New York report that coffee grounds can absorb hydrogen sulfide gas..."

Apparently it's actually the caffeine in the coffee, so I guess decaf wouldn't be as effective. I've been composting all of my coffee grounds (which are all caffeinated) for the last five years, though I had no idea back then that it would potentially be helpful for this reason now.

Maybe if the entire human population of Earth plants a bunch of plants and stays constantly wired on caffeinated coffee then more people might be able to survive. I will do my part!

No comments:

Post a Comment